Newmarket, New Residences, New Neighbourhood
With inspiration drawn from the character of the surrounding neighbourhood, our ambition is to foster an environment that honours diversity of people and place. Through considered design, we are building a new neighbourhood that will take on the spirit of the predecessors of this remarkable site.
Newmarket Residences will be the gateway of this new neighbourhood. Two 8-storey apartment buildings will sit above a vibrant retail plaza, providing a direct visual and pedestrian connection to the new public park and the heritage stables. The façade of these buildings is
inspired by the structural frames of the existing stables on site, with the material palette inspired by the heritage architecture in Randwick.
Across seven floors, a selection of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom residences have generous picture windows and open corner balconies, offering views to
the surrounding landscape. On the top floor, the penthouses are set back from the building’s facades, designed as a floating plane. Residents can enter each building through the retail space and from the street.
Figtree Pocket is an exquisite precinct in Randwick’s most desirable new neighbourhood, Newmarket. This leafy, private pocket provides a sense of tranquility, a connection to history and exceptional outdoor spaces, all while being perfectly positioned between the city and the beach. The four residential buildings of Figtree Pocket work in harmony with the heritage Newmarket House and the Big Stable, defining the character of the precinct.
This neighbourhood is something very special. It is quiet, yet close to the city. It’s a site with beautiful big fig trees and great garden spaces. These aspects will be celebrated in Newmarket’s design.
In building a community that celebrates diversity of people and demographics, a mix of homes have been designed to meet the aspirations of many. Townhouses and Terraces with their own front doors and gardens overlooking the street will converse with apartment buildings. Heights will vary to work with the surrounding established streetscapes.
Newmarket Retail is where the village comes to life. This ground floor plaza will house casual contemporary dining and coffee shops for the connoisseur. Food, family and friends will be the focus, with a beautiful adjoining park with spaces to soak in the sun and relax. This new destination sets the benchmark for lifestyle benefits. Within your own precinct, you’ll find the best in retail, dining and wellbeing services – so you never have to leave to live your best life.
Continuing in the spirit of its past, Newmarket also provides vibrant public spaces to bring the community together to relax within its spectacular surrounds, together as one.
154 Barker St, Randwick NSW 2031
- 1. 2 and 3 bedroom apartments in the heart of Sydney's Wealth precinct. including Sydney's most iconic beaches, Coogee Beach & Bondi Beach
- 11 acres of stables, gardens and heritage listed buildings. privately owned for 150 years
- Redeveloped by Cbus, an Australian Stock Exchange listed & publicly traded company
- 6km to Sydney CBD'
- CBD Light Rail 800m walk from site'
- Local & city express buses located 5-1 0 min walk from site•
- Royal Randwick Racecourse is less than 15 mins away'
- In the heart of the Randwick Hospital precinct - Prince of Wales. Royal Children's Hospital, Sydney Women's Hospital
- University of New South Wales is #1 best ranked Universitiy in Sydney. #3 in Australia & #45 in the world'
- 35,000 sq ft. of retail amenities
- 54,000 sq ft. of park lands on site
- 10/90 payment terms
- Estimated completion dates : Stage 1 - 04 2019. Stage 1a - 01 2020
- The ground floor plaza will house casual contemporary dining and coffee shops for the connoisseur. with a beautiful adjoining park with spaces to soak in the sun and relax
- Vibrant public spaces to bring the community tog ether to relax with in its spectacular surrounds, together as one